Friday 6 November 2009

WHO IS THIS MAN?

I deleted the article about Sir David Osunde, it was really a tirade,emotionally motivated because he disrespected me and all that I stand for as a man. Don't play with people if there is no good involved in the decision to consider that person a friend. He was like a brother to me, I looked up to him because he brought me in on a mission to help change a country, Nigeria. I watched him move towards that goal, witnessed the distress and blocks to its completion. I did all I could to escalate a vision. When he and the director were injured in Antwerp I was there; he survived and kept moving on forward to raise up Itakpe Iron Ore Mine. We lost each other somewhere on that road to Africa, my trust was all I had to offer. I am a man. No man runs my life; money does not make me. I came here empty handed, empty handed I will return. Power does corrupt but it also can get things that are positive done in Nigeria. I am signing multimillion euro contracts with out getting a euro, riding down the road to the mine with a prayer and a hope, all the time dealing with a trickster. "The sky is the limit!", he told me in London. I believed him. The haters got his ear and we became less than friends, it was hard times. Life only gives so many friends; real friends. It was taken to another level when my vacation home to America became a termination, he could not even tell me man to man. His daughter told me by relay message to my sister; it was messy. Who is this man? A dreamer? A big man stomping the spirit out of the "American' who only wanted to see Nigeria rise to its destiny throne? I am family but my abandonment was beyond the bounds, I feel worse than his worse enemy now. I don't appreciate being disrespected like that, no one I met in Nigeria can say that my vision was not strong in the hope for Nigeria; the role it will play in the future of civilization. It is a bad flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment