Wednesday 15 April 2009

Nigerian Queens 1


Nigerian Queens

1


It was hot in November; it was cold in America. I felt good being suited down everyday no matter how hot it was during the day. I had been cooped up in Germany for a month, after I got over a very nasty sinus infection I was getting back to my old self. I had never seen so many beautiful black people every day in my life; it was like heaven. I was glad that English was the official language because their different languages would have made communication a nightmare. I was sharp and ready for anything, plus the women were so friendly. I met my partner Joe and he gave me a run down on how to work this paradise; this was going to be fun. He told me that being a mogul was worst way to start; they gave money for everything. I had been to church but it was uncomfortable trying to catch women in that setting. The disease rate was so high that what looked good might not be good for you. I bided my time and kept busy on my work; the days flew by as meeting after meeting consumed my time each day. The Ministry was the place to be as the beautiful seemed to work there; I couldn’t wait to go their to confer with the Minister of State who would eventually become a trusted friend to me. I got an invitation to have drinks with a acquaintance that I had befriended in London; he said, “I’ll show you the town. You don’t know the rules. This is my town. “The club was layed back and I was being introduced to so many people that he knew, men and women; he had it going on. We partied hard, the Nigerians don’t play with their drinking; I had drank with the best of them, I was hard pressed to keep up. We were leaving, a Little Kim double, she had scoped me out all night, showed up within spitting distance, I said, “ I want to be your friend. Put your number in my cell, I going to tap that ass.” The smile, then the OK, she gave me her number, I was happy as a rat in a cheese factory. It happened so smooth no one even caught on to my play for this fine young woman. I didn’t call her for three days; she called me. “What you doing? You could have called me. I want to see you again.” I played like I was having meetings and we could get together that weekend, “I been hella busy. We got to do something this weekend, I’ll call you then OK?” She purred back, “We on. I know this nice place that we can have dinner and drinks. You my friend.” I thought about the guy she was all over at the club; he acted like he was her man. I was in a high level position and really didn’t need any trouble, “What if you run into your man and you with me. I don’t play. Keep it real my attitude.” She hesitated for a moment before saying, “He blew it. I found out he got some one else. We want be bothered. OK?” I was willing to find out anyway so I said, “So it is on. See you then, I play to win. Can you dig it?” The way I talked caught Nigerians off guard because they really hadn’t heard a real brother articulate and says what he means. “We can have fun; I’ll show you the town while you are here; how long are you going to be here?” “I got a contract for six months, then six months or until the project is finished. We got time on our side now; don’t try to play me.” “ I don’t play; you will see.”

No comments:

Post a Comment